Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sleeping in a Tent

You might be wondering how we live way up in the middle of nowhere with nothing surrounding us except for a LOT of snow?  Well I will try and cover different parts of day and what we do throughout this blog.  This time I will talk about where we sleep; in a tent!  What?!  I think they are called oven tents because they actually get hot during the day although at night they are not the warmest things to sleep in they are still warmer than sleeping outside.  Inside each tent is a cot with a some sleeping pads and on top of that you put your sleeping bags.  In my case I have one inside the other for when it get really cold at night!  The lowest temperature I have seen so far is -17F, but when it is windy it is colder and the tents are noisy.  Also with the tents it is bright orange inside them all of the time, as the sun never really sets during the summer, so you will need something to cover your eyes if you want any kind of darkness.
Tent city or the pumpkin patch.
The inside of my tent.

1 comment: